PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prayer...

So, for the past week or so, I have felt so disconnected to God.  I’ve been longing for the Holy Spirit to fill me with the joy that every believer has.  I figured it out and I’m here to say, that if you don’t spend quality {as in more than just "thanks for the blessings, forgive me when I sin" kinda thing} time in prayer and seeking God, then don’t be surprised if you don’t experience His joy and feel disconnected.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me” Revelation 3:20.  Read that again.  Take notice as to who is opening the door.  It’s not our Father in heaven.  It’s you.  How awesome.  He is telling us that all we have to do is open the door to experience Him.

He says that He will come in and eat with us.  How often do you eat with people that you don’t care about or with random people?  The answer is probably rarely if ever.  Eating with someone is a pretty intimate thing.  We share stories, talk about anything and everything.  You don’t do this with people you don’t know. 

We have the opportunity to be intimate with God just by spending some time in prayer with Him.  He tells us to open the door and He will come in.  When is the last time you were listening for His voice and anxiously standing at the door ready to experience His awesomeness.  Within a few minutes of opening up to Him last night I felt his presence and there is {NO} better feeling.  This week, I encourage you to focus on having a deeper prayer life with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment