PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mexican done different!

My family LOVES Mexican....from the refried beans to lettuce on top!  One day, as I was shopping for my normal taco shells, I came upon Tostada shells!  These are basically hard, flat, corn tortillas.  And, as the picture on the front suggests, I decided to build my own Mexican pizza!

Here is all you need:

 Box of Tostada shells
1lb of cooked ground sirloin/chicken flavored with taco seasoning
refried beans
tomato
lettuce
cheese
{Of course, add or subtract any ingredients to personalize this Mexican pizza to your taste buds!}


Now to begin....
I start with the shell and cover it with a spoon full of refried beans {YUM!}
(just as you would spread pizza sauce on a pizza!)



 
Add another spoon full of your taco meat of choice
{These would also make a great vegetarian dish...just skip the meat!}



Top with some cheese and place it in the over on 350 for about 5 minutes.
Just long enough to warm the toppings and melt the cheese.


Once you take it out, add the {accessories} as I call them...
tomatoes, lettuce, more cheese, onions, sour cream, whatever else you enjoy on your normal taco!


Top it off with a little taco sauce and {VIOLA!}




Even my 4 year old LOVES it...of course who wouldn't if it has PIZZA in the name!
{ENJOY!}


1 comment: