PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 18, 2011

T-shirt scarf = too cute!

When I saw this scarf on Pinterest, I knew that I had to recreate it!  I love scarves, but they can be costly and this frugal momma is not about to drop my hard earned dollars on a scarf unless I have a coupon AND it's on sale!  So to my delight, I watched tutorials and scrolled lots of pages before I decided that I could tackle it and after tweeking it a bit, this is how I did it...

First I found 2 T-shirts in my husbands closet Size Lg.  {You can do this with 1 XL or 2XL shirt, but the more material you have the nicer the scarf looks!}

Grab a plate from your kitchen and a pencil and start [lightly] tracing circles onto your shirt.  **Try to find T-shirts that are plain**  If you use a shirt with some design, just avoid that area of the shirt when cutting out the circles.

Once all of your circles are cut out,  (hopefully you have atleast 8, I reccomend no less.  Remember the more, the better) start cutting your cirlces into a spiral pattern. 




Place all of the spiral t-shirt cut-outs together and find the middle of the fabric and {using a 3 inch piece of the t-shirt fabric} tie them all together!



And this took me all of 20 minutes and was FREE.  Yep, stole a few shirts from my husbands closet and Voila!  It takes an ordinary outfit and fancies it up a bit!  Who knew a plain old t-shirt could be SO stinking cute!


Now.....off to find more t-shirts!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm your newest follower!
    Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash made a few of these. They are so cute!

    I wanted to do it but then I got lazy.

    Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete