PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 13, 2012

Wordle...

Wordle Logo

This has been one of my {favorite} things to do lately.  Late last year, I stumbled across this site in one of my youth leader magazines.  I didn't exactly understand what it was, but it didn't take me long to figure it out.  Wordle.net.  Once you check out the website, you'll figure it out. You type in words and it will create an awesome visual image of them for you...and if you don't like the layout or font, you can keep tweaking it until you find one you do love! 

According to Wordle.net, "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends."

I had the teens in our youth group write their name on a sheet of paper.  They then passed them around to everyone and each person wrote a positive quality or a word of admiration for them.  Once everyone was finished, I collected them all and surprised them the next week with a Wordle for each of them.  I printed them out and framed them and hung them all over the youth house!  They loved it!

For fathers day this year I made one for Adam as well.  Framed and ready for his new desk at CCMS!  I am also in the process of making one for our living room wall.  Check it out, it becomes a little addicting.
Note to new users {if you type one word in several times, the word will not appear several times in the Wordle, it will just appear larger!}  Practice, you'll get the hang of it in no time!!  Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment