PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Easy Apple Dessert = Perfect For the Fall!

My family loves apples....and right now, because of some great deals I'm involved in, I have more apples than I know what to do with!  So, I decided to branch out and try something new!  This really couldn't be easier.  I saw this in one of my Kraft recipe magazines and tweaked it a little. 
 
What you need:
3 thinly sliced apples {with or without skin}
1 refrigerated pie crust
4 oz cream cheese
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbs flour
A slice of butter

Roll out your pie crust and place it in the pie pan.  Spoon the cream cheese all over the bottom of the pie crust. 

Once you slice your apples, mix the cinnamon sugar combination as well as the flour with them. 

Spoon the apple mixture over the cream cheese and neatly and gently press the sides of the pie crust up and around the apples as though it is hugging them!  Sprinkle on a bit more of the cinnamon sugar mixture on the apples and crust and bake for 25 minutes.

 Once it comes out, I usually spread a little butter on the top while it's still very warm to give it a glistening look and yummy buttery, flakey taste!


  Slice it up and serve it with Cool whip and maybe a spoonful of vanilla icecream!


Hope you love it as much as my family did! 
Not only will your belly be full, but your house will smell amazing too!

1 comment: